Usually we would recommend using our lovely local shops and independent Purbeck producers, but currently we would advise you to have your main food shop delivered. Delivery slots are being booked some time in advance so do plan ahead.
Supermarkets that deliver to our address – The Mount, 16 Durlston Road, Swanage BH19 2HX:
- Co-op by the railway station is the bigger of the two local supermarkets and has a handier car park (fee refunded). It's usually open 6-11 and 10-4 on Sunday but hours may currently be restricted. If you shop in store they can deliver to the Mount between 10am and 4pm – phone 01929 424333 to see if they have slots.
- Budgens in Station Road is usually quieter and stocks an extensive range of local produce. It's open 7-10 and 11-5 on Sunday.
- The nearest newsagent and corner shop is Jenkins in the High Street right at the bottom of Park Road (go down Durlston Road then turn left).
- Butcher JJ Moore can be found by the library in the High Street. Open Mon-Fri 7-4.
- The Salt Pig Too restaurant in Station Road is owned by a local farming family and sells local meat, fish etc
- Swanage Bay Fish is in Tilly Mead courtyard behind JJ Moore - fish and shellfish from the bay, caught by local fishermen, including the owner's sons.
- Purbeck Deli in Institute Road has lots of local produce.
- Haymans Bakery in Institute Road sells its own fresh bread and Dorset cob rolls, pasties and cakes.
- Chococo, which sells handmade chocolates and has a nice cafe, is tucked away in Commercial Road behind Station Road.
- Country Foods in Station Road is a health food shop and is handy for spices and vegetarian cooking ingredients.
- Yellow Gorse, where we buy our handmade liquid soap and room sprays etc, is in Kings Road East near the library.