- Co-op by the railway station is the bigger of the two local supermarkets and has a handier car park (fee refunded). It's usually open 8am-10pm and 10am-4pm on Sunday. If you shop in store they can deliver to the Mount between 10am and 4pm – phone 01929 424333 to see if they have slots.
- Budgens in Station Road is usually quieter and stocks an extensive range of local produce. It's open 7am-10pm and 11am-5pm on Sunday.
- Supermarkets that deliver to our address – The Mount, 16 Durlston Road, Swanage BH19 2HX:
- The nearest newsagent and corner shop is Jenkins in the High Street right at the bottom of Park Road (go down Durlston Road then turn left).
- Butcher JJ Moore can be found by the library in the High Street. Open Mon-Fri 7-4.
- The Salt Pig Too restaurant in Station Road is owned by a local farming family and sells local meat, fish etc
- Swanage Bay Fish is in Tilly Mead courtyard behind JJ Moore - fish and shellfish from the bay, caught by local fishermen, including the owner's sons.
- Purbeck Deli in Institute Road has lots of local produce.
- The Italian Bakery in Institute Road sells its own fresh bread, pastries, pasties and cakes.
- Chococo, which sells handmade chocolates and has a nice cafe, is tucked away in Commercial Road behind Station Road.
- Country Foods in Station Road is a health food shop and is handy for spices and vegetarian cooking ingredients.
- Yellow Gorse, where we buy our handmade liquid soap and room sprays etc, is in Kings Road East near the library.